2. Our Principles
3. Personal Information Offscores Collects
4. What Offscores does with the Personal Information
5. Disclosures of Personal Information
6. Security of Personal Information Collected via the Websites
7. Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
8. Reorganization or Spin-Offs
As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number or email address.
1. Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
2. Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
3. Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require Offscores to provide a third party with your personal information.
We may collect personal information at several places on the Websites, including without limitation:
• in connection with your selection of one of our tools including all services provided on the Website
• when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive a newsletter or our events listing;
• when you subscribe to one of our email discussion lists or register to establish a user account on any of our Websites
• when you donate money to us or purchase merchandise;
• when you join the Offscores network through our Website, and when you thereafter create/edit your profile page, identify your content, share your story, and/or gaming scores; and
• when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums we make available to that community.
Emails, Newsletters and Services on the Website. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive our newsletter or events listing in order to respond to your request — for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about news and events related to Offscores.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, events list or one of our email discussion lists, your name and email address is sent to and stored in our database. Personal information submitted as part of our email discussion lists is used for the purpose of managing the discussion lists. Your name and email address will typically be visible to other list participants when you correspond on the list and to the general public in the discussion archives. All emails sent to the discussions list are publicly archived.
Donations. When you donate money to us or purchase merchandise via our Website, your personal information will be stored in our database.
Offscores Website. When you join our network you provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile. We use that personal information to establish and maintain your accounts, provide you with the features we provide for account holders, and for the purpose of contacting you about upcoming news and events relevant to Offscores.
By joining the Offscores network, you are also given a public profile page where you can voluntarily post personal information for public viewing. The information that you submit on your public profile page, including but not limited to information you provide anywhere on the Website and any photograph or image of yourself you upload, is posted by you at your discretion. The information you publish on your public profile page, including your personal information, may be used by anyone who views that information for any lawful purpose, without any exception of the text you insert anywhere and any photograph or image of yourself that you upload. Offscores may use the personal and non personal browsing information you provide in your public profile, including the text, to promote Offscores and the Offscores Website.
Participating in Our Community: Registered Users. When you register to obtain a user account on any of the Websites, you may be asked to provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile. Providing your email address and/or real name is optional. If you do, or someone else provides your email address, it will allow us to send you your password if you should forget it. If you voluntarily provide your real name in connection with any content you submit to any Website, your name may be associated with the content you contributed (such as your offscores profile). We will also use that personal information to establish and maintain your membership and provide you with the features we provide for Registered Users, and for the purpose of contacting you about upcoming news and events relevant to Offscores.
In general, it is not Creative Commons’ practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances:
First, Offscores may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Websites or the Offscores service.
If Offscores is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Offscores will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Offscores is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Offscores has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Offscores stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs when we are aware of any kind of breach.
Offscores services, has security risks in addition to those described above. Among other things, Offscores is vulnerable to DNS attacks, and using Offscores may increase the risk of phishing.
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Websites and server logs.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect. When you use the Websites, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using. In addition, whenever you use your Offscores user information to log into a website, our servers (which, again, may be hosted by a third party service provider) keep a log of when you visit our Website.
Notice. If Offscores is required to provide a third party with your non personal browsing information or to log in on behalf of an Offscores user (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then Offscores will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless Offscores is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Effective Date: February 18, 2011